Friday, June 13, 2008

Get Firefox 3

Download Day - English

Anyone who has ever asked me to work on their computer in whatever way has heard me eschew Internet Explorer and recommend Firefox. Now, Firefox has been updated to version 3. Well, that will occur on Tuesday June 17.

On that day, Mozilla Foundation (the makers of Firefox) would like to set a Guinness World Record for the most downloads in one day. This could be a really self-defeating goal as it may saturate the Internet. I've agreed to participate though and will be grabbing 3 or 4 different varieties of Firefox that day: Windows XP version, Linux 32 bit, and Linux 64 bit for certain. Additionally, I'll have a raft of Ubuntu machines that will be doing "automatic" updates to the final release version of Firefox 3 that day. (I've been running the beta and release candidates of Firefox 3 for some time.)

FF3 has a variety of enhancements and improvements over FF2. And it is vastly superior to Internet Explorer. If you are running Opera 9.5, I've got no comment--you know what you're doing.

Download Day - English

And holler if you ever want to try Ubuntu -- or grab it here:

ubuntu logo Get Ubuntu

No comments: