- If you live north of Denver as I do, getting to the DCPA is a snap. Just take Speer off I25 and look for the signage. It's just like going to Elitch's.
- The Denver Center (as the DCPA is usually known) puts on high quality productions.
- Bring $CASH$ for parking in their garage. It's quick, convenient, but non-free.
I mentioned above, "...as the cast themselves said...", and I should explain. After the shows (at least all of the matinees I have been to), a subset of the cast appears on stage to address a largely school-age audience and their questions. For about 15 minutes, anything goes--from
- How can I become an actor?
- Is that your real hair?
- Do you make a lot of money?
- How did you get the part--how many people did you have to beat out?
This was also my first exposure to the play and I don't recall reading the book/play back in my youth. So, it was all good.